SICW 2020 Events:
SICW Ministerial Roundtable
Opening & Closing Sessions
All event dates and timings below are in Singapore time (GMT +8).
Opening Session - Navigating the Post COVID-19 New Normal: Threats to International Peace and Security in Cyberspace
By Invitation Only
The Ministerial Roundtable Opening Session brings together Ministers, Cybersecurity Coordinators/Heads of Cybersecurity Agencies, and top industry players to discuss the risks of cyberspace in a post-COVID-19 new normal, and how cybersecurity leaders in the government and industry can strike a balance between security and privacy in their policies and products. This event will be held on 6 October 2020, 8.25pm - 9.40pm.
- Dr Tobias Feakin, Ambassador for Cyber Affairs and Critical Technology, Australia
- Lt. Gen. (Ret) Hinsa Siburian, Head, National Cyber and Crypto Agency [Badan Siber dan Sandi Negara (BSSN)], Indonesia
- H.E. Oleg Syromolotov, Deputy Foreign Minister of the Russian Federation
- Mr Joshua Steinman, Deputy Assistant to the President and Senior Director for Cyber, National Security Council, US
- Mr Jurgen Stock, Secretary General, INTERPOL
- Mr David Koh, Commissioner of Cybersecurity and Chief Executive, Cyber Security Agency of Singapore
Closing Session - Adapting to the New Normal: Innovation, Opportunities, Cooperation
By Invitation Only
The Ministerial Roundtable Closing Session brings together Ministers, Cybersecurity Coordinators/Heads of Cybersecurity Agencies, and top industry players to discuss how we can navigate the opportunities and risks presented by the new normal of COVID-19 and beyond. The session will discuss the potential and challenges of rapid technological innovation, strategies to foster digital inclusion and the emerging concerns of disinformation and data privacy. This event will be held virtually on 8 October 2020, 8.00pm - 9.30pm.
- Dr Roberto Viola, Director-General, Communications Networks, Content and Technology, EU
- Lt. Gen. Rajesh Pant, National Cyber Security Coordinator, National Security Council Secretariat, PMO, India
- Dr. Chaichana Mitrpant, Executive Director, Electronic Transactions Development Agency (ETDA), Ministry of Digital Economy and Society, Thailand
- The Rt Hon James Cleverly MP, Minister of State and Minister for Defence and International Security, UK
- Mr Kevin Mandia, Chief Executive Officer, FireEye
- Ms Yong Ying-I, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Communications and Information, Singapore
Click on the image to download the SICW 2020 Ministerial Roundtable Sessions Programme Guide or click here [PDF, 218kb].