SICW 2020 Events:
Cybersecurity Policy for Operational Technology:
A Guide for Governments
All event dates and timings below are in Singapore time (GMT +8).
This event, organised by the Coalition for Cybersecurity in APAC (CCAPAC) with the support of CSA, will be the platform to launch a new report on Cybersecurity Policy for Operational Technology: A Guide for Governments. It will be held virtually on 7 October, 4.00pm – 5.00pm.
Operational Technology (OT), defined as the collection of hardware and software that helps to monitor, manage, and control physical devices, is facing a growing threat environment. Cybercriminals and nation-state cyber actors are successfully targeting and impacting critical infrastructure entities globally. With this increased scale of attack and threat surface, policies are needed to better secure industrial networks and their connected OT. This is important today because OT comprises components within critical information infrastructure (CII) sectors like telecommunications, utilities, and transportation, as well as sectors outside traditional CII. The role of government in ensuring CII and other sectors operate safely and securely naturally reflects an important and similar government role to ensure the cyber resilience of OT. This report seeks to help cybersecurity officials create an effective cybersecurity policy framework to increase the resilience and security of OT.
- Mr Lim Thian Chin, Director, Critical Information Infrastructure Division, Cyber Security Agency of Singapore
- Mr Joshua McCloud, National Cybersecurity Officer for ASEAN, Cisco Systems
- Mr Paul Chua, CyberSecurity Officer, Greater Asia, Becton Dickinson
- Mr Matt Bennett, Senior Director, Asia Pacific and Japan, Security Business Unit, VMWare
- Mr Patrick Choong, Security Assurance Lead – Singapore & ASEAN, Public Sector, Amazon Web Services
For more details on the event, please visit: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/670329768435298059.