27 Sep 2016
Event will facilitate policy dialogues and showcase innovative solutions to build a trusted and resilient cybersecurity landscape
The inaugural Singapore International Cyber Week (SICW), organised by the Cyber Security Agency of Singapore (CSA), is expected to welcome over 3,000 political leaders, government and policy decision-makers, industry players and participants with a total of almost 200 sponsors and participating organisations represented. To be held at the Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Centre from 10 – 12 October 2016, SICW will be officially launched by Prime Minister Mr Lee Hsien Loong on 10 October 2016. The event theme, “Building a secure and resilient digital future through partnership” was chosen to reflect Singapore’s desire to strengthen our digital future through building robust local and international partnerships.
SICW will bring together GovernmentWare, the region’s premier conference and exhibition on cybersecurity, which is now into its 25th year, and five inaugural events namely –
• The ASEAN Ministerial Conference on Cybersecurity, a by-invitation only event which will bring Ministers from the ASEAN Member States, together with the ASEAN Secretary-General, to deliberate on cybersecurity issues facing the region and the wider international community, including cybersecurity norms of behaviour, strategies for enhanced cybersecurity incident response, confidence building measures and capacity building at the ASEAN level;
• The International Cyber Leaders’ Symposium, a by-invitation only event where key Cyber Security policy and government decision-makers, selected private sector leaders, prominent academics, and influencers from non-governmental organisations from around the world, will discuss and work towards identifying potential areas of partnership in cybersecurity policy, strategy, norms of behaviour and technical collaboration;
• The Smart Nation IoT Security Conference will see more than 30 prominent speakers from industry, government and academia exchange international best practices, and their thoughts and experiences on IoT Security over breakout sessions and leading edge technical presentations. This event is organised by the Government Technology Agency (GovTech) and CSA, supported by A*STAR’s Institute for Infocomm Research and Smart Nation Programme Office (SNPO);
• ASEAN Mayors Executive Roundtable. Titled CSA-IE Singapore Executive Conversations: Securing ASEAN’s Digital Future through Partnerships, this by-invitation only event will see ASEAN Mayors, business leaders and CXOs exchange insights on digital trends in the region, key digital initiatives and smart city priorities as well as provide a platform for exploration of potential partnerships to develop secure and resilient cities in ASEAN. This event is jointly organised by CSA and International Enterprise Singapore;
• ASEAN Cybercrime Prosecutors’ Roundtable Meeting. This by-invitation only meeting is a platform for knowledge sharing amongst prosecutors on fighting cybercrime across ASEAN Member States. It aims to establish a basis for enhancing capabilities and facilitating greater cooperation in the fight against cybercrime. This event is jointly organised by the Attorney-General’s Chambers, CSA, and the Ministry of Home Affairs.
Mr David Koh, Chief Executive of CSA, said: “Cybersecurity threats are global and borderless and it is imperative that governments and organisations come together to have frank and robust discussions to explore partnership opportunities and develop new capabilities. Through SICW, we hope to provide a platform for such collaborations and coordination in cybersecurity. It will build on the momentum of GovernmentWare, which is now into its 25th year, to bring policy-makers, industry and academia together to have renewed focus on cybersecurity, which has become one of the most challenging issues of our time."
Notable keynote speakers at SICW include Mr Christopher Painter, Coordinator for Cyber Issues, U.S. Department of State and Mr Conrad Prince, Cyber Ambassador, The United Kingdom, amongst others. Please refer to Annex A for the programme details. For more information on SICW and the list of participating sponsors, please visit www.sicw.sg.
Annex A: SICW Conference Programme
About the Cyber Security Agency of Singapore
The Cyber Security Agency of Singapore (CSA) provides dedicated and centralised oversight of national cyber security functions, and works with sector leads to protect Singapore’s critical services. It also engages with various industries, and stakeholders to heighten cyber security awareness as well as to ensure the holistic development of Singapore’s cyber security landscape. The Agency is part of the Prime Minister’s Office and is managed by the Ministry of Communications and Information. Information on CSA is available at www.csa.gov.sg.