Cybersecurity Development Programme
1. Are CSDP officers considered as employed by CSA?
Yes, CSDP officers are employed by CSA from the start of the 18-month programme.
2. Will CSDP officers receive a monthly salary during the training?
Yes, CSDP officers receive a fixed monthly salary for the full 18-month duration.
3. Is there a bond for CSDP?
There is no bond or minimum service period for CSDP. However, the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) graduate certification will only be awarded if you have completed the programme.
For returning scholars, existing scholarship terms and conditions will apply.
4. Besides attending the SUTD courses in the first three months, what are the other tasks/responsibilities CSDP officers might have during this period?
During the first three months, apart from the SUTD courses, CSDP officers will need to prepare for their EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) and Cisco Certified Network Associates (CCNA) CyberOps certifications.
CSA has also lined up a series of soft-skills training sessions to develop you as a well-rounded cybersecurity professional. CSDP officers will not be given division-related work during the training phase. However, they may be assigned to work on short term projects.
5. What software knowledge (eg. Python) do CSDP officers need to possess?
The software knowledge needed depends on the division that they are deployed to. For instance, officers deployed to the digital forensics team will need to know how to use Wireshark. However, should officers not have the necessary knowledge for the divisions they are deployed to, on-the-job training will be provided.