Cybersecurity Development Programme
1. Are trainees considered as employed by CSA?
Yes, trainees are employed by CSA from the start of the 18-month programme.
2. Will trainees receive a monthly salary during the training?
Yes, CSDP trainees receive a fixed monthly salary for the full 18-month duration.
3. Is there a bond for CSDP?
There is no bond or minimum service period for CSDP. However, the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) graduate certification will only be awarded if you have completed the programme.
For returning scholars, existing scholarship terms and conditions will apply.
4. Besides attending the SUTD courses in the first three months, what are the other tasks/responsibilities trainees might have during this period?
During the first three months, apart from the SUTD courses, trainees will need to prepare for their EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) and Cisco Certified Network Associates (CCNA) CyberOps certifications.
CSA has also lined up a series of soft-skills training sessions to develop you as a well-rounded cybersecurity professional. Trainees will not be given division-related work during the training phase. However, they may be assigned to work on short term projects.
5. What software knowledge (eg. Python) do trainees need to possess?
The software knowledge trainees need depends on the division that they are deployed to. For instance, for digital forensics, trainees will need to know how to use Wireshark. However, should trainees not have the necessary knowledge for the divisions they are deployed to, on-the-job training will be provided.